Forums Main Page › Forums Main Page › Algebra › Pre-Algebra › Monomials and Polynomials › Adding and Subtracting Integers › FInding someone's age (quick activity)
This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by MathWiz 3 years, 9 months ago.
In this quick 5-10 minute activity students apply concepts of writing expressions to calculate a given number (age) using a mathematical formula.
1. Ask the person to multiply the ten’s digit of his/her age by 5.
2. Tell them to add 3 to that number.
3. Now tell them to double the sum from step 2.
4. Finally, tell them to add the one’s digit of their age to the product in step 3, and have them tell you the number.
5. Now, all you have to do is subtract 6 from the number from step 4, and you will find their age!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2016 - Mystery Math